Manufacturers’ Sales of Goods
Here you can declare data to the statistic.
Declare via IDEP
Companies usually spend about 30 minutes on this declaration.
In IDEP you can either manually enter or import your data on sales of goods.
What is your declaration used for?
The statistic illustrates the development in sales of goods and services in the manufacturing industries. It is used by, amongst others, inter-branch organisations, market analysts and political decision-makers as well as EU and UN. It is also an important source for the Danish national accounting.
The manufacturing companies declare:
- Part 1: Sales of goods and services: quantity and value of sales of goods distributed via production types and commodity or service codes.
- Part 2: Total turnover: including non-allocated discounts, bonuses, merchandise sales and other turnover.
NOTE: The declaration must be entered in WHOLE DANISH KRONER.
Read more here: What data should I declare?
More about the declaration:
|1st quarter 2022||20 April 2022|
|2nd quarter 2022||27 July 2022|
|3rd quarter 2022||14 October 2022|
|4th quarter 2022||16 January 2023|
The declaration has two parts: 1) Sales of goods and services and 2) Total turnover:
1) Sales of goods and services:
Types of production: Sales of goods and services includes four types of production: 1) Own production, 2) Goods produced for the company, by a subcontractor, 3) Goods produced by the company, as a subcontractor, for others, 4) Industrial services. You can read more about types of productions here: What data should I declare? (PDF)
Commodity codes: Sales of goods and services have to be declared by distribution via commodity codes. You can find them in the declaration solution. Your most used commodity codes will be saved each time. You can read more here: Commodity codes and units of quantity (in Danish) or Industrial service codes (in Danish).
Quantity and value: You have to declare quantity and value for each commodity code (excl. VAT).
To enter manually or to upload? If you have many goods to declare, you can import your data as an Excel-spreadsheet, instead of manually entering it – see below: How should I declare?
2) Total turnover:
- Total turnover includes the sum of sales of goods and services and the discounts, bonuses, merchandise sales and other turnover. You enter the data manually.
If your company has not sold goods or services during the quarter, you only need to declare the total turnover data.Read more about the contents of the declaration. (PDF)
You declare via IDEP, where you can either enter the data manually or import a file with your data on the sales of goods. Data on total turnover is entered manually.
You have to prepare your file, before you start your declaration, if you want to import your data on the sales of goods – see the Quickguide. (PDF in Danish)
Start your data declaration on IDEP:
- Click on Start your declaration at the top of this page.
- Click on Create a new declaration.
- Choose survey: Prodcom.
- Choose declaration type:
- Import data from file
- No sale of own goods
- Manual data entry
- Choose period: Fx: 2022-1: 1st Quarter 2022.
- Choose production types for the goods sold: 1) Own production, 2) Goods produced for the company, by a subcontractor, 3) Goods produced by the company, as a subcontractor, for others, 4) Industrial services.
Declare sales of goods data:
- Quick guide: Declare by manually entering sales of goods data. (PDF in Danish)
- Quick guide: Declare by importing sales of googs data. (PDF in Danish)
Declare total turnover:
- Check the total value of the declared sales of goods and services.
- Enter the data on any discounts, bonuses, merchandise sales and other turnover.
- Click on: APPROVE AND CONTINUE.
- Click on: Yes, send declaration (the declaration is not registered until it is sent).
- What data should I declare? (PDF)
- Quick guide: Declare by manually entering sales of goods data. (PDF)
- Quick guide: Declare by importing sales of goods data. (PDF)
- Warnings in IDEP - PRODCOM (If your data differs from your previous declaration).
- Replacement declaration in IDEP (If you would like to change your declaration).
Commodity and industrial codes:
Dataimport example files:
The amount of companies with declaration requirement
Approx. 3.000 kind-of-activity units are required to declare quarterly, every year.
How are the companies chosen?
All kind-of-activity units, with at least 10 fulltime employees and main industry in manufacturing and raw material extraction, are required to declare. The population is chosen once a year based on the industry data at the start of the reference year and employment in the 3rd quarter the year before.
Typical time spent per. declaration is approx. 30 minutes.
Companies can voluntarily state the time spent in the declaration solution. An average and normally efficient company typically spends approx. 30 minutes on a declaration – including access, provision of information, data entry and possible support.
Latest news from the statistic (in Danish)
1. marts 2022
I 2021 steg omsætningen i industrien inkl. råstofindvending til 925 mia. kr., hvilket er en fremgang på 78 mia. kr. eller 9,2 pct. i forhold til 2020. Dette sker til dels pga. en fremgang i råstofindvinding på 20,9 pct.